A natural feature of solid timber is its size, varying colours, grains and textures. Splits and cracks may develop as it responds to the environment and these are not to be considered a fault or flaw and will not compromise the construction of any furniture we make.
As timber is a natural material, we will choose the best boards from our pack of timber to suit the specifications on your invoice in relation to finish and size. We will not replace or refund an item if the colour, degree of feature in the timber or final sizing does not meet your expectations.
- No one piece of timber is alike and Customers’ should expect a variance in tone, veins, grain pattern, and knots. We cannot guarantee how the timber will look on a Product, nor can we provide an exact match to a product displayed on our website.
- New Life Timber undertakes to provide a product that is as close as possible to the preferences that our Customers describe.
- We recommend that Customer’s ask to see our timber swatches to get an understanding about the different types of timber we use can look. However, the swatches are indicative only and should be considered as a guide.
- The colour of timber can also vary over time.
- Natural timber by nature, is not a light weight product. We cannot provide any guarantees about the weight of the final product, especially in new custom designed pieces. If the movability or weight of a product is important to you, you must raise this with New Life Timber during the consultation process so that it can be factored into your design.
Timber is a natural product, and can change as a result of water content levels. This can cause small splits as the timber expands and contracts based on its environment. Customers should expect that this may occur, as this is part of the natural process and is not a defect in the product.
- Timber is a living product and changes in different environments, such as being moved between cool and warm environments, heating and air-conditioning and being exposed to sunlight. When a change in environment occurs quickly, small splits in the timber may appear as a result. This is part of the natural adaptation process that occurs with Timber and such splits are not a defect in the product.
- New Life Timber does not use machine based manufacturing to cut and shape our products. All of our products are made by hand. This means that each piece is unique and at times products may contain traces of our workmanship.
- We will not offer any refunds, replacements or exchanges arising from the look of the timber as described in this disclaimer. There are particular unique aspects that a Customer accepts when purchasing handmade custom furniture.
- The warranty does not cover:
- Change of mind.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Splits and cracks in the timber.
- Damage arising from abnormal use, or abuse; and
- Products which have not been maintained (for example, concrete, leather or timber care), or which have been modified.
- Damage to packaging only;
- Insignificant minor variations in dimensions, colour, grain or finish; and
- Very minor chips or superficial blemishes.